How it Works
EVOPOS is able to communicate with your Shopify website to download orders and sync inventory.
- EVOPOS Version 2.09.270 or greater
EVOPOS will download orders based on a date criteria so orders are not downloaded twice.
The order download can be initiated manually or on a schedule.
- Navigate to Sales\Recall\Sales Orders
- Select the Get Web Orders option from the side menu
- Select your Shopify website from the drop down list
- Click OK to start download
Shopify Orders will be imported as Evopos Sales Orders, Evopos will take items out of stock and allocate them to the sales order.
Once your orders have downloaded you would follow Sales Order Processing to invoice and take payment.
The inventory sync will run any time you download orders from Shopify.
Setting Up the Integration
There are two parts to setting up the integration, firstly we will need to create some Shopify API credentials in the Admin Panel, we will then enter those credentials into Evopos so that it can communicate with your Shopify Website.
- Log in to the Shopify Admin
- Navigate to Apps
- Click Manage Private Apps
- Create a new Private App
- Give the App a name
- Give Write Access to products (future update)
- Click Save
- Take note of the API key and password
- Navigate to Settings\Integrations
- Create a New Integration and give it a name (Shopify)
- Set the integration format to Shopify
- Enter the secure website URL example: https://evopos.myshopify.com
- Enter the API Key and Password to the fields provided
- Enter the location ID field for inventory sync, you can find the ID here: https://evopos.myshopify.com/admin/settings/locations (replace evopos with your name)
- Click Save
EVOPOS will need to match your products before it can sync the inventory with Shopify.
Clicking match products will match the Shopify SKU with the EVOPOS Part No, it will store an attribute containing the Shopify Inventory ID.
Create Items on Site and Store
This setting tells Evopos whether it should create new items when uploading to Shopify and whether to create new stock items when download orders to Evopos.
Customer Order if not in stock
This enables Evopos to create customer orders when the item is not in stock when downloading orders from Shopify.