Shipping Consignments allow you to track items you send through shipping carriers.
The shipping consignment is created by adding a shipping line to the transaction, this line can be used to charge shipping/postage/freight to the customer.
You are able to record what items have been sent, carrier information and a tracking number.
The consignment can be printed and sent with the goods.
Creating a Shipping Consignment
- Enter your shipping item into the sales form (see below for info on shipping items).
- You will be presented with the Shipping Consignment form
- Fill in the details and set what items will be shipped
- Click Save when you have finished
- This will add the consignment to the transaction
Looking up a Shipping Consignment
You can lookup shipping consignments to track the parcel and view details
- Navigate to Sales\Options\Consignments
- Find the consignment by tracking number or consignment number
- Double click to View Consignment
Shipping items are special non stock items we use to create shipping consignments and sell shipping/postage/freight.
To create a shipping item, go to Items\Stock Items\New and choose the Item type of Shipping.