The Hire Control module enables you process and control units for hire and hire contracts. Contract types, periods and rates enable you to create different types of hire contract with custom rates. Extras, items, consumables and labour can also be allocated to hire contracts and be recalled onto the one invoice.
Fixed Contract - The contract has fixed start and end dates, but can be extended by changing the end date.
- When invoicing, if the current date is equal to or past the end date, the contract will be marked as completed.
- By using the periods of SET PRICE, EVERY WEEK and EVERY MONTH, you are able to invoice the contract multiple times within the contract period.
On Going Contract - The contract dates get updated and will stay current until its manually completed.
- When invoicing, the contract dates will be updated to the next period. Example: If your contract dates are 01/04 to 07/04 (7 days), the contract dates will be updated to 07/04 to 14/04.
We have the standard set of invoice periods to choose from and also some additional options.
- HOUR - Rate per hour rounded up to the nearest Hour
- DAY - Rate per Day rounded up to the nearest Day
- WEEK - Rate per Day rounded up to the nearest Day
- FORTNIGHT - Rate per Fortnight rounded up to the nearest Day
- MONTH - Rate per Month rounded up to the nearest Day
- YEAR - Rate per Year rounded up to the nearest Day
- SET PRICE - Rate for the whole contract period
- EVERY WEEK - Rate per Week
- EVERY MONTH - Rate per Month
Rate per week & month allow you to invoice the contract every week or month until the contract reaches the end date.
For example: A contract that lasts 1 month and to be invoiced every week. Set the Period to EVERY WEEK, I then invoice the contract each week and it stays as a current contract. When invoice for the last week the contract will be set to completed.
Our Hire Rates system allows you to create and link custom rates to unit models and unit types.
When a unit is allocated to a hire contract, EVOPOS will filter the rates for that model and type.
See our Hire Rates page for more details.
Creating Hire Units
Any unit main detail record can be setup as a hire unit.
To do this:
- Go to Items\Units\Main Details and find the Unit you want to hire out.
- Now click on the Hire Tab and tick the Hire Unit box. You can also add more information such as Default Daily rate, Last service Date, Last safety check date and current condition details. (See image below)
Once you have finished editing all the Hire information, click Save to finalise it. You can now use the Unit as a hire unit.
Creating a Contract
- Select Hires from the top menu and select New from the left menu to create a new contract.
- Select the customer for the Hire (or create a new Contact record) and then select Return.
- If applicable, click the search option in the unit field to find and allocate a specific Unit to the contract.
- Enter the Dates of the Contract in the date from and to fields
- Choose whether it is a fixed contract or on going in the Hire Type drop down
- Search or enter the hire rate and the period for the rate
- Click Save
You are able to assign items to the contract similar to how you can assign items to a job card.
This can been done through choosing the New button within the Hire Contract Items tab or through the Sales screen by choosing Finish\Book to Hire Contract.
Items are allocated through an internal sales order, this means they will show under allocated to sales orders when viewing the item in stock items.
Splitting a contract allows you to separate a hire contract if there is a difference in price or date range for the same customer. When you choose this option, Evopos duplicates the contact details and unit details onto another new contract. You can then set the new date range and add a price as normal.
Once you have split a contract, you will have two contract records on your list. These can both be invoiced separately if required.
A bit of initial setup will help on reporting of Hire Income
- Name one of the Departments for Hire Sales - Use one of the Departments from 2 to 6 that are not being used and ensure it starts with 'HIRE'. You can set in Settings / System / Sales / Departments. This will enable sales reports by Department to show revenue from Hires. See the Departments topic for more information on setting this up.
- Name one of you Stock Categories for Hire Sales - Ensure there is a Category starting with 'HIRE'. You can set in Items / Categories. This will enable sales reports by Category or Group Category to show revenue from Hires.
Forms & Reports
- Contract - Prints a copy of the Hire contract for you or your customer
- Safety - Print a safety checklist for examining the Hire Unit
- History - Print a list of all Hire contracts for the selected contact.
- List - Print a list of all outstanding Hire contracts (this is on the main Hires screen).
To Invoice a Hire select Sales from the top Menu. You can then either:
- Select Recall from the left menu, ensure Hires is selected on the top (You can select the default in Settings / Workstations / Default Sales Recall option) and then select the appropriate Hire
- Enter -H (Minus H) in the lookup number field. A window will appear which lists all the outstanding Hire contracts that have not been invoiced in the last 6 days. Select the one you want to invoice and click OK.
- Enter -H999 in the lookup number field where 999 is the Contract Number.