You can download the Full Evopos Installation package from our Evopos Web site at: https://www.evopos.com (You will need to log in or register your details to download Evopos).
If you have already downloaded the files and are installing on another workstation, you can run the setup.exe file in EvoposShared\Install\EvoposDesktop\ folder.
- After downloading run the Evopos.exe file.
- If your security software comes up with a warning select ‘Allow’ or ‘Ok’. If asked to Over-write existing files select: 'Yes to all' When complete select ‘Finish’ or ‘Close’.
- This will extract all of the installation files onto your C Drive in the EvoposShared folder, we recommend sharing this folder if you are installing on multiple work stations.
- The Evopos Setup file (\EvoposShared\Install\EvoposDesktop\setup.exe) will run automatically on the first computer after extracting the setup files. You can also install Evopos manually by running the above file.
- If any Evopos dependencies (Crystal Reports etc) are not installed, it should attempt to install these.
- When the Evopos Installation screen is displayed, confirm the licence agreement and click next.
- When Evopos is installed you will see the Evopos icon on your desktop to start Evopos.
- Double Click on the Evopos icon to open Evopos.
- If Evopos cannot find the database (eg: the first time Evopos is run), it will show a Database Connection screen.
Creating a New Database
Evopos will install Microsoft SQL Server, if you already have this installed you are able to create a database on any installed instance.
- When the Database Connection screen comes up, select New Database
- You will be prompted to install SQL server, select Yes
- Evopos will then download and install SQL Server. If the installation fails please follow the troubleshooting steps
- Once installed follow the prompts to create the database and restore a blank database backup.
- If running Windows 8 or later it may say the version of SQL is incompatible, if so just select to run it anyway.
- If other computers on the network will connect to the database see 'Allow other computers on the Network to connect' section below
- Restart your computer and try again
- Check your version of Windows is compatible with SQL Server 2008 R2
Allowing Network Access
Before other computers will be able to connect to the database we need to allow exceptions in the firewall for the SQL Server services.
- Select Start / Control Panel / Windows Firewall
- Select Exceptions or Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall
- Select Allow another program, select Browse and set the following two programs:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\SQLBrowser.exe
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\MSSQL\Binn\Sqlservr.exe (Note - x is normally 1 however if other instances were setup first it may be a later number. Look in the Data folder for the EvoposMain (or BBSMain on earlier installs) database files to ensure you have the correct instance .
- If installing on other computers then share the Installation folder (eg: \EvoposShared or \BBSCD) so that other computers can access it.
- If connecting across the internet you will need to set up the router / modem to direct the SQL port to the appropriate computer. See: Connecting to the database
Connect to an Existing Database
You can connect to an existing database installed on your local network.
- To connect to a database you will need to know the connection details
- The main detail you need to know is the Computer name or IP address
- Enter the computer name into the SQL Server Name box
- Click Connect
- Your connection details are incorrect
- You do not have access to the computer you are trying to connect to
The minimum specification to run Evopos is:
- Windows XP SP3 or later
- 1GB RAM or greater (4GB+ recommended)
- 20GB free Hard disk space (80GB on server recommended)